Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The remember everything we say.

It's been a rough week. I'm exhausted. Emotionally drained. Need some kind of escape. But I always look forward to picking my kids up from school. They run to me every night. Seriously, there isn't one night that they haven't come running while I'm signing them out. It's great. But tonight, after they ran to me, they took off again.

My son and his best pal were comparing show and tell toys. I wasn't in the mood for 'One more minute, mom'. I really just wanted to go home and take my painfully cute shoes off and relax. And after the fifth, 'one more minute mom' I could feel my patience exit the room. We finally got out of there and I felt relieved. For a moment.

Not two miles outside of school and my son started in on what's for dinner. I want PB. I want toons...it went on and on. The demands. The inability to listen when I do answer. Seriously it's no wonder some parents go crazy.

But just as I was about to lose it, he says: Mom, I'm the boss. And I want a PB sandwich for dinner.

I couldn't help but smile. It's the line I use when I can't get him to cooperate. The saddest or most funny part is, for the most part, our kids are the boss.

1 comment: