Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sometimes our children are a reflection of their parents.

Father's Day is this weekend. I have no gift. No cool craft ideas for my kids. But I did at least make the effort to invite my son to brainstorm gift ideas. Here's how the conversation went...

Me: Hey Bubs, we need to get dad a gift this weekend. Any ideas?
Him: Why we need to get him a gift?
Me: It's Father's Day...when we all show daddy how much we love him and thank him for being so great. We should get him a little gift.
Him: Okay. How 'bout a gun.
Me: Umm...I know he'd like one but what else do you have?
Him: How 'bout cupcakes and a gun? Or two guns?
Me: Well, guns are pretty expensive and I wouldn't know which one to get.
Him: A black one.

Needless to say, that pretty much ended the conversation. He still believes that Saturday we're going into the city to buy a gun (or two) for daddy, along with cupcakes. Little does he know only one of those items might actually make it home.

Lesson learned: my son, at the age of four, knows way too much and is way too comfortable with the idea of guns. The bright side: he knows exactly what his daddy would want.

No comments:

Post a Comment