Thursday, April 28, 2011

We've been manipulating people to get our way since birth.

I first noticed this new game with my five year old son. But amazingly, my two year old daughter has already caught up with him. Making up little lies to get their way...as in asking one parent for permission for something and then going to the other parent and, instead of asking the same question, telling them that the other parent said it was okay.

Seriously, I hear them virtually every day:
"Daddy, mommy said I can go to grandpa's and you're going to drive me there."
"Mommy said you're naughty."
"Mommy said I could have candy."
"Grandpa, my mom said I can come help you tear out that fence."

It goes on and on. What I haven't quite figured out yet though, is when will they realize that I can hear them. And I hear it all the time. And they get busted for it all the time.

Kids are brilliant and completely naive simultaneously...every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment