Friday, February 25, 2011

We learn to adapt early on.

My two year old daughter is pretty incredible. At this age, she can speak like a three year old. She has a ton of attitude. And she's already learned the art of adaptability.

Most days, when she wants to cut something herself, dress herself, or any other sign of independence, it's: I'm a big girl mommy. Over and over and over. Seriously I really doubt her brother professed is independence as much as she does. And at first, I just saw it as a typical two year old stage.

But over the last few days, she's shown another side. The I'm-too-little side. And when I want her to clean or go potty or do something that actually takes some work, it's: But I'm too little mommy. (Which is even more frustrating as the first phrase believe it or not.)

I'm sure this is all part of the independence process but I can't help but laugh, even if it's just on the inside, about her ability to decide whether or not she's big enough to do something or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment