Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My son's level of awareness is amazing...

A week or so ago, we took a family bike ride. Nothing unusual as we take as many as we can these days considering the warm weather is slowing ending. And as usual, Corey's on his bike (alone) and I'm pulling one of those cart things that I swore I'd never buy and now I haul that thing everywhere.

We made a mandatory stop at the park so our son could go down the Tornado slide a few times. Cali stayed put tonight as we were running out of sunlight and only had time for two trips down the slide. As Caden comes running up to get back into the cart with his sister, he stops and looks at me, a quizzical look on his face: "Mom, are we going to have another baby?"

Needless to say I was speechless and my husband just kind of stood there as though he was wondering the same thing. After what seemed like an eternity, I just smiled and said "We'll see." I knew that Caden understands where Cali came from...as in the fact that she used to be in my belly. And he's starting to understand that he used to be a baby. But never in a million years did I expect him to ask if he'd have yet another brother or sister to play with. And quite honestly, I hadn't thought about it as much as I have been since.

Is it better to not have any more children so that I feel like I still have some private time with Caden, or would he be better off with another sibling that he can love and protect like he does with Cali?

No comments:

Post a Comment